Please read the “Essential Information” before starting the school registration
For school registration and student application, click http://reg.consef.org/
Please use the following steps to apply CONSEF project session. Those who would like to attend to CONSEF individually without any school registration, please email to email@example.com.
- Create a school account. Science Fair Coordinators Only
- Start the registration process by creating a coordinator account for your school. http://reg.consef.org/Registration
- Activate your account through email you provided.
- Wait the CONSEF Organizing Committee approval for your school account.
- Fill out the School Registration Form. This will allow you to unlock the submission buttons.
- Pay the CONSEF school registration fee by PayPal, credit cards, or checks.
- The school registration fee covers 1-20 projects per school per division.
- Please the make the check or money order payable to Concept Schools.
- Use the account information to access the school and student information for the submission processes.
Create Teacher/Mentor Accounts-Science Fair Coordinators Only
- Create teacher/mentor accounts.
- Science fair coordinators can create teacher/mentor accounts if they want to share responsibilities in order to coach the students.
Create Student Accounts: Science Fair Coordinators and/or Teachers/Mentors
- Create student accounts and share the account information with your students.
- Science Fair coordinators, and teacher/mentors can add students directly into the system by simply creating their usernames and passwords.
- Science Fair coordinators and teachers/mentors have privilege to add/delete students.
Fill out the Student Application- Student Only http://reg.consef.org/Login
- Students can start filling out their applications upon receiving their usernames and passwords from their teachers/mentors or science fair coordinators.
- Students can only save and continue their applications. Students can submit their project only for seeking an approval from their mentors/science fair coordinators.
- Science Fair coordinators and teachers/mentors have privilege to edit the applications.
- All Endorsement Forms, if applicable, must be must be filled out, signed, and attached to the same online application form.
- SRC Approval Applications: SRC approvals can be taken from any colleges, universities, or research institutes. The CONSEF-Science Review Committee can also issue SRC approvals. To get an SRC approval from the CONSEF-Science Review Committee, students must fill out the student application form and submit it for our team to review via the same online submission form. You should hear by phone or e-mail from CONSEF within one week of submitting your forms. If not, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (847) 227 9820. The approval form can be downloaded from the online application system. The SRC approval form must be posted during the day of the event.
Attach The Consent and Release Form – Science Fair Coordinators and/or Teachers/Mentors
- Teachers/mentors need to attach the students’ Consent and Release forms to the same online student application system
Approve/Disapprove- Science Fair Coordinators and/or Teachers/Mentors
- Teachers/Mentors need to review the students’ applications and approve them for the further steps
- Science Fair coordinators are the only people who can submit the student applications to CONSEF for the preselection process.
Submit the applications to CONSEF- Science Fair Coordinators Only
- Upon teachers’ approval, the science fair coordinator must submit the student applications to CONSEF.
Pre-selection- CONSEF Organizing Committee Only
- All projects are subject to a pre-selection process based on the criteria listed on http://www.consef.org/?p=3319. The selected projects will be announced one month prior to the day of the event. See the important dates.
- For more information, please call (847) 227 9820 or reach us by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Any project involving non-human vertebrate animals, pathogenic agents, controlled substances, recombinant DNA, bacteria and fungi, human and non-human vertebrate animal tissue require prior SRC approval. All required forms must be submitted before the experimentation.
- Any project involving human subjects requires IRB (Institutional Review Board, which consists of at least one medical professional, one science teacher, and one school administrator) approval before experimentation. The participants must fill out the human subject form for each human tested and submit them to the IRB chair for the approval. This form along with the IRB chair’s signature must be attached to the online application form.
- If your project involves bacteria and fungi, recombinant DNA, human and non-human animal tissue, pathogenic agents, controlled substances, or non-human vertebrate animals, you are required to do your research/experiment under the supervision of a qualified scientist and/or conduct your research/experiment in a university, a medical or research facility or an industrial institution, and are required to fill out the following forms:
Research Institutional/Industrial Setting Form (1C)
Qualified Scientist Form (2)
Designated Supervisor Form (3)
- If your project involves:
human subjects, fill out Form (4),
non-human vertebrate animals fill out Form (5),
human and non-human vertebrate animal tissue, fill out Form (6),
Parent_Guardian Approval Form (Form 8) – Not for submission. Please keep this form at the school for your school records.