The following procedures must be followed for the student application process. Those who would like to attend to CONSEF individually without any school registration, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
School Registration-Science Fair Coordinators Only
- STEP 1
- Create a school account. http://reg.consef.org/Registration
- Start the registration process by creating a coordinator account for your school.
- Activate your account through email you provided.
- Wait the CONSEF Organizing Committee approval for your school account.
- Fill out the School Registration Form. This will allow you to open the submission buttons.
- Pay the CONSEF school registration fee by PayPal, credit cards, or checks.
- The school registration fee is $100 per school per division and covers 1-20 projects.
- Please the make the check or money order payable to Concept Schools.
- Use the account information to access the school and student information for the submission processes.
- Create a school account. http://reg.consef.org/Registration
Create Teacher/Mentor Accounts-Science Fair Coordinators Only
- Create teacher/mentor accounts.
- Science fair coordinators can create teacher/mentor accounts if they want to share responsibilities in order to coach the students.
Create Student Accounts: Science Fair Coordinators and/or Teachers/Mentors http://reg.consef.org/Login
- Create student accounts and share the account information with your students.
- Science Fair coordinators, and teacher/mentors can add students directly into the system by simply creating their usernames and passwords.
- Science Fair coordinators and teachers/mentors have privilege to add/delete students.
Fill out the Student Application- Student Only http://reg.consef.org/Login
- Students can start filling out their applications upon receiving their usernames and passwords from their teachers/mentors or science fair coordinators.
- Students can only save and continue their applications and may not submit them.
- Science Fair coordinators and teachers/mentors have privilege to edit their applications.
- All Endorsement Forms, if applicable, must be must be filled out, signed, and attached to the same online application form.
- SRC Approval Applications: SRC approvals can be taken from any colleges, universities, or research institutes. The CONSEF-Science Review Committee can also issue SRC approvals. To get an SRC approval from the CONSEF-Science Review Committee, students must fill out the student application form and submit it for our team to review via the same online submission form. You should hear by phone or e-mail from CONSEF within one week of submitting your forms. If not, please contact Dincer Coach at email@example.com or at (847) 824 3380 Ext: 213. The approval form will be emailed back to you, and it must be presented during the day of the fair for the student to be permitted to participate at CONSEF.
Approve/Disapprove- Science Fair Coordinators and/or Teachers/Mentors
- Teachers/Mentors need to review the students’ applications and approve them for the further steps
- Teachers/mentors need to attach the students’ Consent and Release form to the same online student application form signed by the parents/guardians.
- Science Fair coordinators are the only people who can submit the student applications to CONSEF for the preselection process.
Submit the applications to CONSEF- Science Fair Coordinators Only
- Upon teachers’ approval, the science fair coordinator can submit the student applications to CONSEF.
Pre-selection- CONSEF Organizing Committee Only
- All projects are subject to a pre-selection process based on the criteria listed on http://www.consef.org/?p=3319. The selected projects will be announced one month prior to the day of the event. See the important dates.
- For more information, please call (847) 824 3380 Ext: 213 or reach us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dincer Coach Concept Schools 2250 E Devon Ave. Suite 215 Des Plaines, IL 60018 Fax: 847 824 3382
Other Rules and Regulations
- Team projects are not accepted. Also duplicate projects from the same school are not accepted.
- CONSEF is open to any student from grades 5-12.
- Design Projects: Most projects will be experimental in nature using the scientific method and will fall into the experimental category. However, if the objective of the project is to invent a new device, procedure, computer program, or algorithm, then the project may fall into the Design category. Design Process Skills can be implemented in all categories and the Design Project rubric will be different than the Experimental one. Students will have opportunity to choose their rubric style on the online application form.
- Any project involving non-human vertebrate animals, pathogenic agents, controlled substances, recombinant DNA, bacteria and fungi, human and non-human vertebrate animal tissue require prior SRC approval. All required forms must be submitted before the experimentation.
- Any project involving human subjects requires IRB (Institutional Review Board, which consists of at least one medical professional, one science teacher, and one school administrator) approval before experimentation. The participants must fill out the human subject form for each human tested and submit them to the IRB chair for the approval. This form along with the IRB chair’s signature must be attached to the online application form.
- If your project involves bacteria and fungi, recombinant DNA, human and non-human animal tissue, pathogenic agents, controlled substances, or non-human vertebrate animals, you are required to do your research/experiment under the supervision of a qualified scientist and/or conduct your research/experiment in a university, a medical or research facility or an industrial institution, and are required to fill out the following forms:
Research Institutional/Industrial Setting Form (1C)
Qualified Scientist Form (2)
Designated Supervisor Form (3)
- If your project involves:
human subjects, fill out Form (4),
non-human vertebrate animals fill out Form (5),
human and non-human vertebrate animal tissue, fill out Form (6),
- Parent/Guardian approval is required for all projects. Teacher/mentors and/or science fair coordinators must keep the Parent Approval Form (Form 8) at the school for their school records.
Day of the Event:
- The following items include the rules and the regulations on the day of the event. Please re-read them carefully 2-3 days prior to the event.
- Upon your arrival at the facility, take your project immediately to the appropriate room and space, then register.
- Do not leave your project during judging until it is announced that judging is complete.
- Since you are a representative of yourself and your school, neat appearance is important. Look good for the judges.
- Be aware that other students are being judged around you. Courteous behavior is expected of all participants as well as others at the event.
- Do not leave valuables or delicate items unattended during the public viewing.
- Do not dismantle your project until project breakdown is announced. You are responsible for removing all materials from the display area.
- Parents should not be in the judging area during judging.
- Judging begins promptly at 11:00 am. Each project will be judged by at least three judges. Students must be present near their projects until it is announced that judging is complete. If a student is not present when the judges arrive, the project may not be awarded any points from that judge.
- Projects will be judged according to the attached criteria. Judges decisions are final.
- The maximum amount of projects participating in CONSEF is restricted to 20 in each division from each school.
- No student is allowed to participate in both the CONSEF project session and STEM EXPO demonstrations.